International Rectifier (IR) new IC design center in Pavia, Italy is located 20 miles south of Milan in the region of Lombardia, crossed by the Ticino river and surrounded by regional parks. Pavia is a unique example of how nature, culture and innovation can harmoniously blend together. Walking along the cobbled streets shadowed by red terracotta house fronts and medieval towers it’s hard not to feel the warmth of its people and the sparkling student life that have made this small ancient medieval town of 90,000 inhabitants an important cultural center in Europe. The University of Pavia, established in 1361 under emperor Carl IV, boasts one of the best electronics departments preparing college graduates for today’s challenging industry.
The IR IC Design Center is conveniently located near all major transportation facilities (train and bus stations) and is walking distance from downtown.
Our major objective is to become a world-class R&D center, providing a stimulating environment where highly motivated people are willing to contribute to growth. We employ professionals from all over the world to design high voltage ICs for accurate servo drives and industrial application, using state-of-the-art proprietary technologies.
We believe that our employees are the key to our success. We recognize and reward achievements generously by offering a competitive salary + bonus and stock options package, and we are able to attract skilled professionals with outstanding, proven track records.
- Search all Pavia, Italy Employment Opportunities
THIS IS AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR AN APPLICATION ENGINEER WHO IS READY TO FACE A NEW CHALLENGE WITH A WORLD LEADER IN POWER MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE EXCITED BY THE CHALLENGE OF WORKING FOR A TRUE ENGINEERING COMPANY, WHERE HARD WORK AND ENDEAVOUR ARE REWARDED WITH A COMPETITIVE SALARY AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE.
INTERNATIONAL RECTIFIER (IR), for more than six decades, has been a world leader in power management technology. IR's analog and mixed signal ICs, advanced circuit devices, integrated power systems and components enable high performance computing and eliminate energy waste from motors, the world's single largest consumer of electricity. Leading manufacturers of computers, energy efficient appliances, lighting, automobiles, satellites, aircraft and defence systems rely on IR's power management benchmarks to power their next generation products.
Location: Pavia or Milan, Italy
Products / Target Applications:
- Powerrange from 50W to several KW, Voltage range from 25V to 1200V
- Intelligent Powermodules (IPM), Powermosfets, IGBT`s and Diodes, Gatedriver, High Voltage IC`s, Intelligent Power Switches (IPS) and GaN devices
- HV and LV Motor Drives for Appliance, Industrial and Automotive
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design In of existing products and definition / specification of new products in close conjunction with the Design Centers in Los Angeles, France, Italy, Wales and England and the design engineers of the account(s) covered.
- Provide application specific expertise in Motordrive / Automotive design towards the customer and towards the Design Center
- Work in a team with Sales in order to meet common targets
- Work in team with Field Quality Engineering in solving customers problem
- Drive profitable revenue growth at account(s) through meeting or exceeding Design IN targets.
- Work directly with customer design and design management personnel on a project-by-project basis.
- Located in Milano Sales office, Pavia Design Center or a home office close to major customers, spending most of the time with customers design teams.
- Provide and support customers with demoboards and design assistance tools.
- Establish and develop relationships with key customer engineering personnel and decision makers.
- Provide feedback to engineering and manufacturing on product improvements, new product concepts and new product characterization.
- Understand International Rectifiers technical capabilities, limitations and commercial targets and work with them in mind.
- Provide training, guidance and technical support for local distributor FAE`s.
- Provide technical support at fairs
Technical capabilities, Qualifications:
- Diploma of Engineering in related field.
- At least 3 years Power Electronics Design experience or alternatively >3 years field applications experience at a manufacturer or distributor of power semiconductors.
- Application Know How in Motordrive (Appliance, Industrial, Automotive)
- Familiar with common topologies and selection criterions within the target applications
- Familiar with high frequency board layout including EMC aspects
- Familiar with IPM / Mosfet / IGBT / Diode selection
- Ability to measure switching / conduction losses, efficiency, load transients…
- Ability to define and conduct system level tests.
- Familiar with Outlook, MS Office
- Familiar with Simulation tools like Spice or Saber and / or board layout tools appreciated but not required.
- Know customer and market requirements across Southern Europe
- Have a “curious approach” of asking the right questions.
- Be unbiased and self-confident in interpreting and presenting results internally.
- Be persistent and self-motivated to define sub goals, tasks and actions.
- Have project management skills, executing on Who, What, When basis
- Be able to work and communicate within a multicultural team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize.
- Solid communication skills, ability to adapt to different mentalities and cultures.
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Curious and open to interact with new customers and new markets
- Hungry for design wins
How to Apply:
- Please email your application to Beate Merz or by post;
International Rectifier GmbH
Frankfurter Str. 227
International Rectifier is an Equal Opportunity Employer